Android Developer: Overview & Setup
It is necessary to register for a Google Developer Account to upload Android apps. The Developer account is where you will submit, as well as manage, your Android apps. It costs a one-time fee of $25.
It is recommended not to use your personal Google account for this purpose. Instead, set up a second Google account for publishing apps so that you can separate it from your other Google services (Gmail, Google Drive, Google+, etc.).
This article provides the process of creating a Developer Account in Google Play Console to publish your Android applications.
- Register for a Developer Account. Log in to the Google account that you would like to use.
- Follow the 4-step registration process. Select the Accept developer agreement checkbox and click on CONTINUE TO PAYMENT button.
- Next, a pop-up window will prompt you to input the billing information. After filling it, click PAY.
- Complete the required account information. A confirmation email will be sent once the account is created.
- Add email@example.com to the new Google Developer Account with the role of Admin. You can see how to do that here: