5. Connecting the Printer to the Store
Step 1: Get the Printer Terminal ID
Now that you have downloaded and saved the INI file (see previous section above), you will have to upload this file to the printer settings. To do this, you will have to:
- Switch on the printer and connect the printer to your local network by Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable.
- Get the ‘Terminal ID’ from the printer settings. On the printer, go to Settings > Remote Setting > Server. You will prompted to ‘set the parameters’. After clicking OK, you will be given a 3 digit terminal ID.
The above is a fairly simple process. You can also search for the manual of the printer online for instructions.
Step 2: Access the Printer Online
After you have got the printer terminal ID, you will need to do the following:
- Go to http://goodcom.cn/dl/login.php
- Enter the printer terminal ID on this page and click ‘Login’.
Congratulations! You have now accessed the printer settings online. You should see a page similar to this:
Step 3: Upload the INI file to the Printer
To ensure that the shop communicates with the printer, you will have to upload the INI File to the printer settings. To do this:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the settings page and click ‘Choose File’ to import the INI file you saved earlier (see previous section where we refer to saving the INI File from the CMS).
- Click ‘Import File’ and then ‘Upload’.
- Switch your printer off and then on again.
Your printer is now configured to work with your shop.